BAIS Student Council Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAIS Student Council Forum

Where Student Council members share their minds and passion for BAIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcoming New Students ideas

Go down 
+6
Mook Ratanapenchart
Eddie Shin
Minyoung Park
Bianca Fish
Wesley McKinley
So Yeon Yoo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
So Yeon Yoo

Welcoming New Students ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcoming New Students ideas   Welcoming New Students ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:19 am

That is quite surprising since many people already tried to talk to Maren, including me. I am open to any girl on the list. I agree with Ms. Blair. Even though we are fine with hanging out with different genders, they might feel uncomfortable since some of them are from different cultures and backgrounds.

So Min Young, the roles that I have thought so far are:
- Eating lunch together with them, when they are alone
- Check how they are doing at least once a week

Important things to remember. (They are almost the same, but I think we need more specific things):
*Always be intentional (approaching them first)
*Always try to be with them when you see him/ her
*Never leave them alone
*Don't be afraid

Now I have some problems.
1. Maren is leaving on December. For the people who are in charge of Maren, what are they going to do after she leaves?
2. Freshmen have said before that it is harder for them to approach older students, so are we going to try 10th grade or just no person in charge for them?
3. There are 3 new boys and 6 StuCo members who needs to be in charge. And there are 3 new girls and 4 StuCo members. How are we going to pair the boys? Do you think pairing 2 boys with one new boy is a good idea?

Any more ideas or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Paul Ha

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming New Students ideas   Welcoming New Students ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:56 am

Well if there are 6 StuCo members and 3 guys, then obviously 2 people need to take 1 guy.
Back to top Go down
Mook Ratanapenchart

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming New Students ideas   Welcoming New Students ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm open to anyone you want to assign me to, just tell me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming New Students ideas   Welcoming New Students ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcoming New Students ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2