BAIS Student Council Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAIS Student Council Forum

Where Student Council members share their minds and passion for BAIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Ha

Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Empty
PostSubject: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

So if I'm not wrong, the pep rally should be on the 21st of October. We don't have much time. If you guys can, I'd recommend you guys to look through the archives and see what we did for previous years for the soccer pep rally.
We talked about a few things at the meeting the other day:

- Games that involve many people are often enjoyed
- Put stockings over soccer players' heads and make them squeeze a banana out into a cup
- Music
- Sports Court vs. Soccer Field

I can't remember the rest. If you guys have anything, just post it here.

I personally would prefer this to be in the sports court, because it protects from the rain, and it's easier to set the speakers up.
I remember last year, at the soccer pep rally, it was difficult to hear anything because the speakers were so far away from the oval.
We should try to get the big picture down by tomorrow.
Would it be possible for us to meet tomorrow from 2:45 - 3:30 to discuss about the pep rally? It's fine if you really can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Ha

Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Okay, so Pep Rally Committee met on Friday after school.
Here are some things that we talked about:

1. It will be on the sports court
2. We will need to talk to Mr. Rice (Wesley will) about having speakers set up
3. Wesley and I will MC the event
4. Players will be called individually, as done in previous pep rallies.
5. Small volunteer games (banana squeezing through pantyhoses)
6. Winner of the treasure hunt get to throw water balloons at the players
7. Crab soccer, steal the bacon, etc games

We'll need to come up with a specific timeline this weekend. Please think and reply.
Back to top Go down
Bora Ha

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 am

I'm on the pep rally committee too, but I didn't hear about the meeting?
What happened to the ideas we had during the meeting? About minute to win it kind of games and then losers/winners have to do the pantyhose? I thought we decided if most people are just watching, people are bored and don't like the pep rally.
Back to top Go down
Wesley McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 am

We have to account for the time it will take for people to get seated and to calm down. That may take 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Ha

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:53 pm

So these are the games that Luke researched.

Crab soccer
Split up into two teams. Each team lines up on one side of a small soccer field, with goals at either end. The goals can be proper goals or two chairs; The field can be any size - it depends on the size of your group but it can be half the size of a basketball court.
Players on both teams are assigned a number, starting at "1" on each team.
Put the soccer ball in the very middle of the field, then have the umpire call out a number. The team members who have been assigned the number crab walk to the centre and try and kick the soccer ball through for a goal.
When a goal is scored, return the ball to the centre and start again. If the ball gets stuck or kids are taking too long, call another number and the original pair return to the line.
To introduce variety - call two numbers (meaning 4 kids are playing soccer)

- Balloon Stomp - Pop! Try to stomp on each other's balloons. Be the only team left with your balloons intact!

- Steal the Bacon - Your mission is to steal the bacon. But watch out or else your enemy might steal it instead!
Back to top Go down
Paul Ha

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Hey, so basically, here are the items that we need.

Soccer ball
Athlete's names
Permission from the athletes on whether they agree to the throwing waterballoons idea.
ask 2 male soccer players and 2 female soccer players about the stocking game
A playlist of songs
10 stockings
bananas

and we should borrow a soccerball from the PE department.
Wesley, have you talked to Mr. Rice about borrowing the speakers for next thursday?
It would be good to ask him early for those.
Also, we need someone to make a playlist of the songs that we'll be playing.
Back to top Go down
Eddie Shin

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I will ask the players about throwing waterballons tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)   Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pep Rally (The length of the title for this topic must be ranging between 10 and 255 characters)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BAIS Student Council Forum :: 2011-2012 Year :: Events Planning 2011-2012 :: October Events-
Jump to: