BAIS Student Council Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAIS Student Council Forum

Where Student Council members share their minds and passion for BAIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spirit Week Ideas

Go down 
+2
So Yeon Yoo
Minyoung Park
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Minyoung Park

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Because we have to turn in the proposal 10 days before the event, we need to get going with this. We are behind.
So Yeon, I know you are leading this event, I just wanted to open the discussion up. So please post some ideas.
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you Min Young for making this discussion..
So this is what we have so far:
- Color day (Blue)
Mon: Food
Tues: Face painting
Wed: Clothes
Thurs: Hair
- Treasure hunt: What are we going to hide? and how about prizes?

Are we going to hang the soccer player's uniform in the hall?
Back to top Go down
Minyoung Park

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:37 pm

We are going to present our decision on Monday, but let me post it right now to let you guys before.

We are going to have a color theme for the week.
It will be blue because our school color is blue and gray.
Like what So Yeon said, Monday will be blue food day. Tuesday blue face paint, Wednesday blue things on your hair day, and Thursday blue clothes day.
Also, we will be having a small treasure hunt game where there are players name tags hidden all over the school. If the students find the name tag, they get a prize.
We will for sure explain more on Monday.
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:49 am

So are we just going to hide the player's name?
Or can we mix the player's name and hide them? So when they find the name, they should try to guess whose name it is. I think this might interact more people...
ex) Min Young Park= nmi gyuon apkr
I don't know it is just a thought..
What do you think?

And Paul wrote that the prize for the treasure hunt is to throw balloons at the players..
Do you think that will motivate students to find the treasure (name tags)?
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:52 am

Few more things..
I think we need to start to think where we are going to hide the name tags.
Are the seniors going to sell blue food on Monday?
Back to top Go down
Luke Walker

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:18 pm

I think you might want to change blue food day because there is really not a lot of blue food out there? its just a thought
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:21 pm

We were thinking about food coloring.
I don't think we can change the color for it coz we chose our school color.
Isn't blue food better than grey food?
Back to top Go down
Eddie Shin

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:25 pm

As I agree with Soyeon, we can use the food coloring. I remember people made blue scrambled eggs in science fair last year. We might be able to make nasi kuning to a blue color with using a food coloring.
And I don't really think people would want food in grey color. And for the foods, we can prepare the foods, or seniors can prepare those and sell those in school store.
Back to top Go down
Bianca Fish

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Are we planning on painting faces at the school, or having people paint their own faces? Of people i know, they don't own face paint.
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Hmm, that is great thinking Bianca! Do we own face paint? If we say that they can paint their own face at home and if there are people who come to school without any face paint and they are willing to paint, we can lend them the equipment if they want, but the problem is... when can they do face painting?

And for selling blue food at school, we can make it during the weekend and sell in as a Student Council thing if we want to do that. If we don't want to do that, then we can give that to the Seniors. But you know that we want to make money too.
Back to top Go down
Mook Ratanapenchart

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:27 pm

We should remind the seniors to get the fruit tea freeze thing.
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, we should do that..
Back to top Go down
Luke Walker

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:18 pm

who is doing the advertisement for spirit week because it is not up yet?
Back to top Go down
Minyoung Park

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:52 pm

So Yeon is working on it. It will be up by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Luke Walker

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Ok sweet!
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Sorry for the late advertisement.
I will not make any excuses. But, I will turn in my proposals 10 days before and make the posters as soon as it gets approved.
Sorry everybody!
Back to top Go down
So Yeon Yoo

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

So Spirit Week committee met today and we have some updates
Spirit day changes:
1. We will make face paint on Sunday at school. Min Young, Eddie, and I will come and make the face paint. I will try to buy the ingredients on Saturday. If anyone wants to come and help, that will be great.

2. We will setup face paint in the Student Council Corner on Thursday. We need to come to school earlier on Thursday to paint our face before all the students come and advertise doing it. We should all encourage our classmates to do the face painting!

3. We are going to hide 15 guy soccer players' name on second floor for MS and HS students to find; we will hide 12 girl soccer players' name on the first floor for Elementary students to find them. Min Young, Eddie, and I will also meet at school on Sunday to hide the name tags.

4. We will hide the coaches' name somewhere in the school. We will have many names and the teachers need to find them throughout the week. The teachers who cannot find coaches' name will have to be hit by a water balloon by the students.

5. We changed the days for the Spirit week. Monday will be blue clothes day, Tuesday will be Blue hair day, Wednesday will be blue food day, and Thursday will be blue face painting day.

Decorations:
1. If Kelly allows us to borrow the blue carpet, we can put them through the hall way, just like red carpet.

2. We will hang soccer players' uniform on the wall for decorations.
Back to top Go down
Mook Ratanapenchart

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:40 pm

There was a question about the Treasure Hunt from my class. Can the soccer players participate in finding the name tags as well? And if you find your own name, do you thrown the water balloon at yourself?
Back to top Go down
Minyoung Park

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes, soccer players can participate as well. If you find your own name, you would want to destroy it, wouldn't you? I think that is the fun part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Mook Ratanapenchart

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:09 am

oh so you can destroy your own name tag if you find it?
Back to top Go down
Eddie Shin

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:25 pm

No, they have to bring it to me.
Back to top Go down
Minyoung Park

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeah, I think that's the point of the game. Players are trying to find it to destroy it and while the other students are trying to find it to prevent that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spirit Week Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Week Ideas   Spirit Week Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit Week Ideas
Page 1 of 1